Oriri Peter is a blogger, an online media expert, an entrepreneur. Founder of Penessaj Communication, He is politically motivated, He has participated in various political campaign platforms, He is also an event planer/social media mobilizer, a social analyst and a strategic thinker. Studied Sociology from Benue State University Makurdi. He is so passionate about the ordinary Nigeria.
ISSUES: Gov. Ortom Does Not Deserve Our Sympathy
1) ~ Was Ortom in the first place in support of the anti – open grazing bill? Was the bill an Ortom/executive bill? We are all aware of the spirited effort made by Ortom to replace the bill with a pro – herdsmen/FG bill in the Benue State Assembly before it was resisted and Benue people/public interest overrode his interest.2) ~ Was Ortom against the purported ethnic cleansing and genocide? What was his reaction during the AGATU massacre? Did he not hastily rush to Agatu in company of his Nasarawa State Counterpart ; Emperor Tanko Almakura and ceded part of AGATU LAND to the Fulani herdsmen as his own panacea for peace to reign in other to be in the good book of the Aso Rock Ceazar then?
3) ~ Was it not when the Fulani herdsmen touched his anointed (his Tiv brothers) that he summoned courage to challenge and question the federal govt?4) ~ Was it the FG that stopped Ortom from using the Paris Club, Bail out fund and Monthly Federal Allocation to pay civil servants/pensioners salaries in Benue?
5) ~ Was it the FG that stopped Ortom from constructing even a 1km road or execute a single projects in his 3 years of reign in Benue?6) ~ How come has his oracle business empire expanded astronomically within just 3 years of his Governorship?
7) ~ Has Ortom himself not sent more number of Benue citizens to early grave (genocide) than the Fulani herdsmen through hunger and starvation occasioned by his sturdy resolve not to pay salaries to workers/pensioners?8) ~ Does Ortom’s action of not paying salaries to Benue workers not amount to cleansing and enslavement of the people he is claiming to liberate from Fulani herdsmen ethnic cleansing and enslavement? Even slaves are fed. Why is Ortom starving Benue workers/pensioners to death?
9) ~ Is Ortom under any legal obligation to share with or give Benue money meant for salary or projects to Sen George Akume?Ortom saying that servicing his erstwhile political godfather; Sen. Akume made him not to pay salary or execute a single project in the state is not only shameful but also laughable.
If truly he is servicing Sen. Akume, then, he is only fulfilling his own part of the personal agreement entered into with Sen. Akume before been given the APC ticket in 2015 and became a governor on a platter of gold which is non of our business. He is paying the price for his desperation for power.Ortom does not need any atom of sympathy. He is heartless and wicked. He almost reduced some of us who depends directly on our civil servant/pensioner parents for survival to mere beggars (ALMAJIRIS) on the street of Abuja as a result of non – payment of salary. I pray God never allow him to become governor 2019.
Ortom is not better than the Fulani herdsmen killing our people. While the Fulani herdsmen were killing Benue people with arms, Ortom was killing same people he vowed to serve and protect under oath with hunger and starvation.Let for me and my family, our vote is for any other person other than Ortom and I believe every right thinking Benue citizen that do not have short memory will do same come 2019 election.